+ Is there anything I need to do to prepare for my service?
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
- Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
- Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
- No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
- No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
+ What can I expect during my service?
- Before the appointment begins, Fara will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment. An anesthetic cream will be applied during this time.
- She will then draws on the eyebrow shape. Brows are measured perfectly to complement your unique face shape and size.
- Next, she will select your perfect color based on your natural eyebrow hair color and the undertones of your skin.
- Initial strokes are placed, then a gel anesthetic is applied to reduce any discomfort.
- Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow.
- After, a pigment mask is left to absorb into the skin.
- Once that's finished, Fara cleans the area thoroughly.
- After the service she will instruct you how to care for your eyebrows during the first 24 hours while applying a thin layer of Aquaphor balm
+ How do I care for my brows after the first appointment?
Please AVOID the following for the next 7-14 days
- Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
- Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
- Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
- Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
- Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
+ What happens during the touch up?
The touch up is recommended 4-6 weeks after initial treatment and "Where the magic happens". During your touch up, Fara will fill in missing hairs, add or make hairs longer or just achieve a darker color.
+ What's the Microblading healing process like?
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed color can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still seating on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin).
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the color is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.